Star Wars Room Transformation


Since today is my first day blogging (doing my happy dance) I wanted to share one of my favorite classroom transformations last school year.  Our end of year review was amped up thanks to a grant I received called "May the Force Be With Us".  Many of my scholars LOVED Star Wars, not to mention my inner child heart skips a beat thinking about it too, so I wanted to create a fun environment to get us ready for our end of year testing.

Over a few weeks our room turned into parts of this classic franchise and we added a few new things to the mix.  We used a giant Jenga set that I color coded (similar to Hope King's at Elementary Shenanigans) that aligned to different questions, but we named this game "Jedi Jenga".  Students used their pool noodles lightsabers to fight one another off as they moved game pieces that matched the color question they answered.  This game was played during passage review, math skills, and science studies.

Next we played human Hungry, Hungry Hippo that we renamed Hungry, Hungry Jedi.  Scholars had to get plastic balls energy pellets to answer math questions.  Again, problems were color coded to their math problems so they had to be more selective as the process went on.  They also realized they only wanted to get a couple at the time so they had more opportunities to play.  It was so much fun!!! Not to mention my kids rocked their testing.

Now I wonder, what type of room transformations have you done?  How have you spiced up testing reviews?  I'll share more soon.







No comments

Back to Top